Symec is committed to minimising the environmental impacts of our business operations and maintain the company's resilience to environmental risks and impacts.
Symec Technologies supply, maintain and install Data Terminals, Wireless Networks, Thermal Printing and Bar-coding Data Collection Technologies. The company recognises that the protection of the environment and the safety and health of its employees, its sub-contractors and any others affected by its operations are integral parts of the Company business performance and are a management priority.
For all areas where we operate, including activities undertaken both in the UK and Internationally, Symec Technologies is committed to:
- Achieving a high level of safety, health and environmental (SHE) performance, promoting the concept of sustainability, a safe and healthy working environment, and maintaining our certification to ISO 9001: 2008 and ISO 14001:2015 , including provision for industry requirements.
- Integrating the consideration of environmental concerns and impacts into all our decision making and activities.
- Avoiding unnecessary use of hazardous materials and products, and seek substitutions when feasible. Take all reasonable steps to protect human health and the environment when such materials must be used, stored and disposed of accordingly.
- Complying fully with relevant enforcement agencies and non-statutory bodies.
- Minimising waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
- Actively promoting recycling both internally and amongst employees, customers and suppliers.
- Minimising toxic emissions through the selection and use of its fleet and the source of its power requirement.
- Sourcing and promoting a product range to minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution.
- Meeting or exceeding all the environmental legislation that relates to the Company.
- Using an accredited program where possible, to offset the greenhouse gas emissions generated by our activities.
- Striving to continually improve our environmental performance and minimising the social impact and damage of activities by periodically reviewing our environmental policy in light of our current and planned future activities.
This document outlines our position on environmental issues, and serves as a guide for our policies and practices related to conducting our business. We have taken this stance in order to make our commitment to the environment clear and allow us to effectively manage our environmental responsibility.