Your privacy is important to you and to us. So we'll protect the information you share with us. To protect your privacy, Symec follows different principles in accordance with worldwide practices for customer privacy and data protection.
We won’t sell or give away your name, mail address, phone number, email address or any other information to anyone.
INFORMATION ABOUT SYMEC
Symec is the data controller responsible for protecting personal information you provide to us. We are registered in England and Wales, under company number 0697 5522; our registered office address is The Willows, 159 Four Acres, Bristol, BS13 8RA.
If you have any queries about this policy, please contact [email protected] or call +44 (0) 117 978 8884.
WHAT IS PERSONAL DATA?
Personal data are information that can be used to detect your identity and includes your name, address, telephone number and email address. Personal data are also information that can be associated with you together with other information e.g. your IP address.
WHAT INFORMATION DOES SYMEC COLLECT?
We collect and store personal data you provide to us when you interact with us. In addition to information you submit to us, we and our third-party service providers may use a variety of technologies that automatically or passively collect certain information whenever you interact with us. This may include the browser and operating system you are using, the URL that referred you to the website and the time of day you interacted with us (‘usage information’).
Usage information may also include the IP address or other unique identifier (‘device identifier’) for any computer, mobile phone, tablet or other device (‘device’) used to access the website. A device identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your device; our servers identify your device by its device identifier.
We may also collect certain information about you by automated means such as cookies, web beacons and web server logs.
HOW DO SYMEC USE THAT INFORMATION?
We may also use your personal information and/or usage information to:
· consider your application if you have applied for a career opportunity with us
· enable and allow you to participate at events or to contribute to publications (or to assess your suitability to participate or contribute), including without limitation to respond to your queries or comments
· operate our business (including developing new products and services, conducting research, managing our communications, producing training materials and programmes, determining the effectiveness of and optimizing our advertising, analysing our products and services, and performing accounting, auditing, billing and reconciliation activities)
· prepare and provide aggregated data reports showing anonymized information (including, without limitation, compilations, analyses, analytical and predictive models and rules, and other aggregated reports) for our business purposes
· ask for feedback on our services and products
· comply with industry standards and our policies.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information and usage information:
· with third-party service providers that perform services on our behalf, including, without limitation, those that offer, host or operate our systems
· to comply with UK law, a judicial proceeding, court order or other legal process, such as requirements of emergency services and/or law enforcement agencies
· to enforce our agreement with you
· to analyse and enhance our communications and strategies (including by identifying when emails sent to you have been received and read, and your location)
· in the event of any sale, assignment, transfer or acquisition of all or substantially all of Symec’s assets or shares by a third party
· with other third parties, with your consent
· as aggregate or de-identified information with third parties for marketing, advertising, research and other purposes
If data are disclosed to contractors during commissioned data processing they shall be subject to this policy, and, if applicable, to other additional or relevant alternative data privacy provisions and contractual conditions.
DATA STORAGE AND SECURITY
Symec has taken strong measures to protect the security of your personal information and to ensure that your choices for its intended use are honored. We take strong precautions to protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
You also have a significant role in protecting your information. No one can see or edit your personal information without knowing your user name and password, so do not share these with others.
We use encryption to help protect the transmission of personal information from you to us.
We also protect the security of your data during transmission online using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption software.
If you have provided us with personal data, we will keep your information in accordance with our retention policy. You may withdraw your consent to our processing by emailing us and we will apply your preferences in our future communications. If statutory retention periods require further provision, we will lock those records.
You may also email us to access information we hold about you, or to request rectification of any personal data we hold about you.